1/14/2008

Let's make Pizza


I could eat pizza every day , even for breakfast. I think it's the most famous and good meal after pasta.

My girls ask me to make pizza very often since they like to knead flour and water.

I decide that it's time to find flour in every corner of my kitchen when my fridge is empty.

I always have flour and dried yeast...when I don't have time I use my wonderful bread machine.


Ingredients for 4 hungry persons...

1 and 1/2 cup of warm water

1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil

4 cups of all purpose flour

1 full teaspoon of dried yeast



Put all the ingredients in the bread machine in the same order of above. Choose dough program.

Or...make a ball of dough with your hands. Let sit in a warm place (75-85°F) until it doubles in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 450°F for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour.

Divide the dough in little balls. It depends how much high you want the pizza.I like the thin one.

More a high pizza you want ,more the dough balls have to be big.

Take one ball of dough and flatten it with your hands on a slightly floured work surface. Starting at the center and working outwards, use your fingertips to press the dough.

Prepare your desired toppings.

Mix tomato sauce with olive oil, salt , basil, oregano, chili powder (all the herbs you like)

Place the topping on the pizza.Bake pizza for 5-10 ten minutes (it depends on how high is). Then add on the top shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for other 3-4 minutes...It's ready !

I use my fantasy to make new toppings :

You can add ham, black olives , mushrooms and hard-boiled egg (we call it four season pizza).

Potato slice and rosemary.

Onion tomato and tuna fish.

Tomato and anchovies.

Tomato oregano and garlic.

Four cheeses (parmesan,mozzarella cheese, gorgonzola cheese, a sweet cheese on your taste)

In a few words use what you have at home and fantasy...
TIP : sometimes I make with my friends or my relatives a Pizza party, I put tons of ingredients on the table and everyone choose the personal topping. Lot of fun !



1 comment:

mahesh said...

Excellent article - thanks! It seems that you have answered the best related to the Topic with all best example as well...

Pizza Equipment